I wanted to show you YOUR Tongan Family. There are a lot of us! As you may have already seen on FB some of your extended family. So here is a bit of family history for you to read. I hope this will give you more insight to who WE are. We love you and hope that we can one day see you.
Grandma Paita married a man and had 2 children.
You have two more Uncles and Aunty's. Their names are Semisi ( Maki's oldest brother) and Selaima Onemau. They live in Tonga. They have 8 children. They're all grown adults.
You also have Uncle Hingano and Olive (Maki's oldest sister) Hautau they live in California and have 4 children. One of their sons died from cancer 10 years ago. He was 14 years old. Their children are also adults and married.

'Olive Hautau

Pictured above is Hingano,'Olive, Sione, Hema,Tiffany, Emeline and Saulisi.
I'm not sure if Grandma Paita married these Aunty's Dads but you do have
two more Aunty's. One of them was Losimani she died when she was about 2 years old. The other one was Paea she also died in 1995 from heart disease. She and her husband Lisiate Mahina. They have 2 children. A boy and a girl. Sosiua and Emalata Hehega I Vaiola Mahina. Okay get this...just a short story about your cousin Sosiua.Take a look at this other blog I made a couple of years ago. http://princessashika.blogspot.com/ Your cousin Sosiua survived this ferry sinking. He was on the top deck and was able to swim to shore. Maki's best friend and adopted brother Limoni was also on the top deck and as the ferry was going down, he went to help the women and children down on the lower deck and he ended up going down with the ferry. He was a police officer in Vava'u and was on his way home.

These children were born to Grandma Paita and Grandpa 'Epeli Vuki. Grandpa 'Epeli Vuki was a fisherman in Vava'u. He married your Grandma Paita ( aka 'Ilisapesi Leasilivia Fotofili Vuki Paea)they had many children. You will see below everyone.
This is a picture of your Uncle Sifa and Aunty Seuga. They live in Australia. As you can see they have 6 kiddos of their own too. They're names are 'Ilaisane Sisiuno Vuki, Erin April Shantal Vuki,Epeli Izaac Siosifa Vuki, Margaret Easter Vuki,Epi Noelle Iutinasi Vuki,and Elmanhi Liquina Noah Vuki. They're all between the ages of 6 months to 8 years old. We have not met the kiddos but I did meet your Uncle and Aunty back in 2000. They came for our wedding. Great people! We're so blessed to have wonderful family.
We are another apart of your family! 
Of course here are 4 more of your siblings! You're a lucky girl! Seeley is name after Grandma Paita, Beatty is named after his Grandpa Fish, Nio is named after your Grandpa 'Epeli, and Sunia is named after Maki's favorite uncle Sunia.

This is your Aunty just below Maki. Her name is Meleana Vuki Kaufusi (we call her Ana.) Her and Maki are 1 year apart. She has 6 kiddos of her own. They range from ages 10-20 years old. Their names are Lini, Vina, David (we call him Papa), Uepi, Katalina, and Polau Jr. Aunty Ana is divorced and lives in Southern California.
This is a picture of your Aunties Ana and Fane. Aren't they beautiful ladies? The woman standing in back of them is an Auntie also. Everytime I see her she reminds me of Grandma Paita. Don't they look alike?
This picture is of your other Aunty. Her name is Fane. She has 6 kiddos and I can't remember all of their names. What a great Aunty I am. We don't see eachother. I've met her kids 1 time. They're all cute though. She is divorced and also lives in Northern California.
Your Grandma Paita had another baby after Fane. He was a stillborn, and was never named. He's not mentioned much. It's too hard for Grandma to talk about.


This is your Aunty Sesimani Katokakala Vuki Tangi (Jasmine) as an adult and a young girl. Aunty Sesi is married, unfortunately I don't have a picture of him. His name is Etuate ('Etu) They have a baby of there own (your cousin) and her name is also Sesimani Katokakala Tangi. Baby Sesi just turned one. Isn't she a cutie face? They live in Tonga as well. As you can see Aunty Sesi is a surgery nurse. Out of everyone she is the COOLEST!:)

Well that's us. If I counted correctly your other paternal grandparents have 10 children and 38 grandchildren(including YOU), and I think about 10-15 great-grandchildren. What a posterity! Hope this was helpful!
No comments:
Post a Comment