Our Suni was put back in the ICU unit last night for his ever so regular breathing problems. Needless to say with all that he has gone through, who would ever imagine that he could still be so happy. I am so blessed to have this little one in our home and lives. He brings so much joy to everyone.
As I was walking the ICU unit halls last night, I passed a room with a little girl who looks to be recovering from brain surgery or some kind of cancer(leukemia). As I walked passed I saw the look on her face(probably 4 years old) and her daddy's face that said "I'm so exhausted!" I couldn't help but be grateful for this "small occurrence" we have each month with Suni compared to these people who are faced with so much more than we are.
As I continued to walk, I walked passed the room that is next to ours and everyone in that room taking care of this little one (2-3 yrs old) was wearing hospital protective gear, such as the same stuff that you'd find worn in a operating room. This little girl is so sick, and has some kind of contagious illness, and once again I thought "we've got it so easy" My point to all of this is that each one of us is dealt a hand that we don't want, but looking from where we are standing this is so minor compared to what others are going through. These are the daily reminders of how precious our lives are, what a blessing it is to go through these trials with our children and loved ones. As sleep deprived as I am, and having a huge headache, I wouldn't change a thing. Hug your loved ones a little longer and a little tighter.
Someone always has it worse than you, and maybe someone will have it better than you, but lets enjoy our trials and try to look at them as little stepping stones that make our lives a little more entertaining and memorable.
Please keep Suni in your prayers, they're very much needed. I've been taught that when we pray that we be specific in our prayers, so will you keep in mind of praying for guidance for the Dr. to find what's going on? thanks.
Take care and until next time...
Peace out!
2 comments:
Tiff we love you guys and will keep you in our prayers! Be strong!
We will definitely keep you all in our prayers. I will give you a call this week. Is there anything I can do? Dinner? Take the children? Hugs to you all!
Post a Comment