Listed below is a small description of what this is.....
Reactive Airways Dysfunction Syndrome or RADS (also known as Reactive Airway Disease or RAD) is a term proposed by S.M. Brooks and colleagues in 1985 [1] to describe an asthma-like syndrome developing after a single exposure to high levels of an irritating vapor, fume, or smoke.[2] In time, however, it has evolved to be mistakenly used as a synonym for asthma[3]. Current usage of the term in the medical community is to describe an asthma-like syndrome in infants that may later be confirmed to be asthma when they become old enough to participate in diagnostic tests such as the methacholine challenge test. It can also manifest in adults with exposure to high levels of Chlorine gas, creating symptoms like asthma. The severity of these symptoms can be mild to fatal, and can even create long term airway damage depending on the amount of exposure and the concentration of Chlorine. Some experts classify RADS as occupational asthma. Those with exposure to high irritating substances should receive treatment to mitigate harmful effects.
This is what the Dr. may be "narrowing down" with Suni's issues. He is still in the "horse pistol" as my daddy says. He is doing okay. Still smiling but just kinda misery. He cries quite a bit, he HATES the crib that he's in, so today him and I went to the Child Life playroom, and spent hours in there. He was one happy camper. You know you see all kinds of things in the ICU that you never would want to see. This has been quite a humbling experience for me personally. We met a little boy today with only one eye. His other eye had a cancerous tumor inside so he had it removed. That was quite a sight to see. A huge black hole where once an eye was. Let me tell you this little boy gave me hope, and so much peace. I could've spent the entire day with him. He buoyant up my spirit. He was so open about telling us all about what had happened, voluntarily too. Then he says " I have another eye that I can see out of!" It ceases to amaze me the trials that we're all given. I know and understand that attitude has a lot to do with our trials and how we handle them. That boy was definitely an Angel. I am so blessed to have been in his presence. It was truly a very sweet experience! That Angel of a boy made me want to be a little better, a little nicer, and much more tolerant and excepting of the outer appearances of people that I have no clue of what is going on in their lives!
Suni and I had a wonderful day together. He is one of the LOVES of my life! I do miss being home with my family. But I'm praying that something can be fixed if you will. Just an understanding I guess, and a hope that this can get under control.
Everyone just adores our sweet little boy! He does light up a room when he's in it! What a blessing all of this has become. I feel like we couldn't have been sent to a better hospital than this. Everyone has been so kind, loving, HELPFUL my goodness, everyone wants to help. I'm grateful to those that have sent prayers to our Father in Heaven. I know that he loves me and will answer those things that I stand in need of. I do have to remember though, that answers don't always come immediately nor do they always come the way I want, but I know and understand that He loves me and will see fit, and that I remain loved and protected. What a blessing it is to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
May you all have peace in your lives, and may you find happiness in your trials just as I have in ours. And may you learn from but a small glimpse into that little boys life to try to be a little better, love a little longer, and want to strive to live for the day. Life's too short to be miserable! Love you all!
Take care and peace out for now...until next time!!
2 comments:
Praying you are home and well or just plain well :-) We'll include Suni in our prayers.
We will keep you guys in our prayers.
Post a Comment