Yes, I know many of you will think that this is wierd, or maybe a little silly. But I've had phone calls from my family and friends wondering about Sunia's penny ordeal.
Short story goes like this. Saturday evening Sunia was having a hard time breathing(again, this is not new info.) and he cried the ENTIRE night. I couldn't get him to calm down, no matter what I did. So EARLY Sunday morning, he was having a difficult time breathing so much that we called the paramedics. They came and whisked him and I off to the hospital. While there they wanted to do an x-ray. After the first X-ray the tech came back and said 'We've found a foreign body inside his abdomen" so off we went to have another X-ray done. Lo and behold, there was a penny inside Suni's tummy. So what's next? I asked
The Dr. said, well we will give it 2-3 days for him to pass it and poop it out. Okay, a few breathing treatments, and the Dr. telling me the reason he was having a hard time breathing was not only his breathing problems, but the penny was lodged inside his very delicate, blister filled trachea and that was causing him discomfort. What more does this little one have to have done?
So we left the ER and on Wed. went to have another Xray done, and darn it that silly penny was still inside. So how much longer do we think it'll be till it passes?
Well, Thursday evening he did it! He accomplished the long awaited penny pooping extravaganza.
We're all so relieved, you know you're a goofy mom when one of the priorities in your life is to make sure that your baby is pooping out pennies. I never thought this would be something I'd ever worry about. So call me crazy! If one of my mommy friends was blogging about this sort of thing, I think I'd be dying laughing by now.
So as they say "These are the Days of our Lives!"
Hope you all have a fabulous Labor Day weekend.
I'm going to see Mama Mia again, this time it's going to be Karaoke style!
Peace out for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment