
Today we went to the local rollerskating rink to play for a few hours. While there, the game RED light, GREEN light was played. Guess who won? Our Nio boy! That was such an exciting time to watch my boy leave everyone in the dust! I know that sounds mean, but this little guy is always the first to think of others, he is the dearest little one, he's the helper, and always wants to be the best. Go Nio! I think you're so awesome!
***************************************************
(Journal purposes) These are pertaining to Nio and his little personality!
.....but this is the dearest, sweetest little boy. He loves to help me in any way he can. He offers at every turn. I have likened him unto our Derek, who from toddlerhood wanted to help in projects and work approaches. Nio just loves to help.
After we sang and prayed last night, and were kissing each other goodnight, I said to him (and the other two boys), “When you guys get up in the morning why don’t you make your beds and clean up your room?” He said, “Okay, Grandpa,” -- and the other two went on with life.
I just walked by their room. His bed (bottom trundle) is made up and pushed back under the bed. The closet doors are closed and the rug near his bed’ edge is straightened.
****************************************************************************
When I was in Sacto a couple of weeks ago, I was folding several baskets of laundry. Nio would take a stack of clothes and put them away. He’d come back and take another stack and put it away. In the meantime I was creating more stacks. He probably put boys’ clothes away 6 or 8 times. Same with Seeley’s clothes and Mama’s clothes. Near the end, one of the other kids had headed outside to jump on the tramp. Nio’s face lit up. Then he looked back at me, still folding clothes. He said, “Aunt Aundrea, do you think it would be OK if you put away the rest of the clothes so I can go play?” The thing was, I had never asked him to help to begin with!
Tiff’s children are really, really good kids, and they are thriving with their good mom to lead them and our good parents to pitch in.
No comments:
Post a Comment