Saturday, October 9, 2010

Skeleton


This is my oldest sons (age 7) army skeleton. He's quite the little artist. He's always loved to draw and color, this is one of his best pieces of work. It's so great I've got it hanging up in my room. Thanks Beatty! I hope that he'll continue to do artwork. This world could always use more artists!

This morning as I was cooking breakfast( pat on the back, doesn't happen enough)my two youngest boys were playing Harry Potter! While holding pencils and pens in their hands and pointing them at eachother Nio began to cast a spell by saying "Wizard of Oz!" Sunia replied back to Nio with "Wizard of Oz!" and Nio fell down on the ground! Suni excited says " Mom, he's dead I did it!" It was so cute! Then it made me think of death itself. We as people always talk of death and we don't even realize it. How many times have you said in one day something to the effect of "oh I would die if... or I'm going to kill her....or he's so dead... or you're killing me!" Don't you find it interesting that these things are said all of the time....but when it really does happen we're heartbroken. Just something to think about. I understand that it's all in good fun and we're being sarcastic it's just an interesting thought. Just something to get your brain thinking.
Hope it's a great weekend for you all!

1 comment:

Doug & April said...

Great artist you have there!

Cute story.

You're right, I find myself thinking, "would you REALLY die???". We are so casual with those phrases, but it is usually a terrible time when death happens.