Monday, November 16, 2009

Girls Weekend....Monterey here we come!

My best girl friends and I decided a couple of months ago that we wanted to go on an Girls only weekend. So that is just what we did this past weekend. We headed out about 7:30pm Friday night and drove out to Monterey where we stayed with one of their sisters. We stayed up late of course and talked, I was the first to crash and that was at 1:00am, needless to say we all slept in until 9:45am. That was awesome! We spent all day Saturday on Cannery Row and went to the Aquarium free of charge thanks to Keira who is a 1st grade teacher in Monterey and gets free admission for up to 6 people. We went to El Torito for dinner that evening and then of course couldn't miss going to the Giradelli Ice cream shop for dessert. I bought myself a really cool purse for my Birthday and a darling necklace/earring set for Seeley. We were back at Keira' home about 9:00pm and then played the game Apple to Apple. Fun game, but I was BEEEEAAAT! So I of course being the OLD lady amongst all of us was the first who crashed out AGAIN! I'm okay with that. We are all in our different Seasons in life, I just happen to be the one who has a million kids and has a steady busy life. Which I was really missing while gone! I have to say I LOVE my little family so much! They just really make me COMPLETE. All weekend everytime I'd see something cool, I'd say oh "Mak would really like this, or Seeley would think this is so cool, oh and Nio, and Beatty and Sui...." You get my drift. It was fun but boy I sure was glad to come home to my kiddos and hubby who had done all of the laundry left behind, the kiddos had made me a folder with all kinds of signs in it. What a great thing to come home to. Well, here I am back in my own barracks and wouldn't change it for anything. As nice as it was to get away from the daily routine of stuff, I sure came home looking at the laundry, dishes, kiddos, bathrooms, meals etc. so grateful that they were still there. Call me CRAZY I know...I love my life! I've got it good!









What in the world were these people thinking naming their restaurant Bullwhackers? I couldn't resist having a picture taken. Too Funny!

Just about to head on home from Monte Beach. Had a fun time...now it's time to get back to my family who I had missed. I was MORE than ready to come home.

1 comment:

Shan B. said...

Tiff...I'm glad you got to get away!! I know you said you needed something like that a few months ago. Doesn't it make you feel good when you come home & it's like you were gone for a month. Family's great!!