Do you ever have those days that things just aren't going your way? Well, I must say I've been having 3 years of those days! Not a bad thing, just a bit tiring. Well, here we are again...with rain. I mean pouring RAIN!
Yesterday Nio and I were going to watch a movie in his room, before we did so I needed to get Sunia a drink. Well as I was preparing that in the kitchen I heard a HUGE Clank, and a blood curdling scream. So I ran back to the back room, and there was Nio on the floor screaming "My arm mommy, my arm!" Right when he said that I knew it was going to be broken. He had rolled off the top of the bunkbed and fell on one of "BAby Sowia's toys" ( his words) He also told me that he was Mean at his bed and toys! ( he was mad at his bed and toys) So I rushed to the phone and called my girlfriend up the street to see if I could drop Suni off, so we jumped in the car and headed over to the ER. All the while he is just screaming and crying in pain. Now you have to know that our kiddos are pretty tough. They only cry if they've really gotten hurt. So I knew immediately that he had broken it. Thankfully, they got us back right away, and had xrays done, and sure enough it was broken. Except it's the left elbow that is shattered in 5 spots. He was one miserable kiddo last night. But today he has done very well, considering that he's got a big break. He has complained about his arm being itchy, and hurting. I don't know about you but I hate when I itch and I can't reach it or scratch it. It's VERY annoying! Well needless to say that when it rains it seems to pour....especially on the Vuki family. But what else is new? I know there are worse things, and I'm trying to look at these little trials as blessings to help me prepare for what is to come in my next life. We continue to be showered blessings each and everyday. I feel so blessed to have these 4 sweet little lives in my life. And I have to say " I love St. John's Wort! " I think that has saved everyones lives around here!
One last thing. See came home yesterday and told me of one of her classmates that had died on Friday. I was startled and asked "what had happened?" She told me that her teacher was crying all day yesterday and had told the children that Lexi had died of the flu. Come to find out she had gone home early on Thursday sick. Friday, her parents took her to the ER, and by Friday afternoon within 3 hours of coming in she had passed. She had heart complications, that they knew nothing about. Now for those of you who have experienced death within your lives, losing a loved one. It is very sad and shocking. I feel so sad for this family. This little Lexi was their life. She was the oldest of their 2 kiddos. Their youngest is 3 years old. Anyway, this morning on the way to school I explained to See and Beatty about the things that may go on at school due to this loss. That people were going to feel sad, and that it was okay. They took it just fine, but it just doesn't seem fair to have to explain this to our small kiddos who don't truely understand the grieving. I do know that for a fact, our bodies are human, and they get old, sick, frail and diseased and can't withstand those problems. What a blessing it is to know that Little Lexi has just stepped out of her body, is perfect, at peace, happy and is with those who were on the other side of the shore waiting for her. I have a testimony that I know that our Heavenly Father loves all of his children, and that Jesus atoned for us so that we could gain our bodies and have everlasting life with our families and friends. This life is just temporary, it is a time for us to prepare for those things to come in the next life. What a blessing it is to have that knowledge.
Even when it's pouring on us...it is fine, because soon thereafter the sunshine comes and it is well. May we recognize these blessings that are given to us. Hug our families a little tighter and be grateful for the rainstorms for surely it can't last forever.
3 comments:
Hi Tiffany,
I'm so sorry to hear about your son! Take care...one day at a time!
We love you!
Oh, poor little Niobut I know he's a super hero boy-this will be nothing in a couple weeks. :o) You are such a great mommy to handle that and explain death and the grieving process to Seeley and Beatty. Love you! Hugs to all your cute faces!
Sorry to hear about the broken bones. You are a good mom. Thanks for reminding me that there will be sunshine after the rain. :)
Post a Comment