Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Marriage already? Are you kidding?

A few days ago, our 5 yr. old son was asking me some random questions.
Here is how the conversation went...

Beatty- Hey mom, when I'm 20 will I get married?

Me- Well son, I don't know how old you'll be when you get married. When you find a girl and fall in love with her, and want to be with her forever, then that will be the time to get married.

Seeley chimes in- She says, I'm not going to find a boy to marry!

Beatty and I- Well why not?

Seeley- Because my husband has to come find me!

That's right! I wasn't looking for marriage? I was so scared when Mak and I began dating and he brought up the marriage thing. Are you kidding me? I was even scared to tell him that we were going to have a baby! ( only 4 months after getting married.) Once he screamed for JOY! Then that all changed for me. And as they say, It's all history!