Leave your troubles at the door
A young and ambitious man named George
hired a carpenter to restore an old house.
The carpenter had just finished a rough first day on the job.
A flat tire made him lose an hour of work,
his electric saw quit, and now his ancient pickup refused to start.
While George drove him home, the carpenter sat in stony silence.
While George drove him home, the carpenter sat in stony silence.
On arriving, he invited George in to meet his family.
As they walked toward the front door,
the carpenter paused briefly at a small tree,
touching tips of the branches with both hands.
When opening the door, he underwent an amazing transformation.
When opening the door, he underwent an amazing transformation.
His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he
hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.
Afterward he walked George to the car.
They passed the tree and curiosity got the better of George.
He asked him about what he'd seen him do earlier.
"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied.
"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied.
"I know I can't help troubles on the job,
but one thing's for sure, troubles don't belong in
the house with my wife and the children.
So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home.
Then in the morning I pick 'em up,
and there ain't nearly as many
as I remember hanging up the night before."
Let us try to appreciate our trials and see them as Blessings in our lives. Many of our Trials are hard and when we're in the middle of them, it seems like it will never end! But my friends let me tell you my life has been a blessed one. I didn't ever really have trials much growing up. My first real trial was just a few years ago. I thought that my heart was nearly broken, and it would never be mended. From that point on I've continued to have trial after trial. But I've been learning that if I will try to understand my trial and try to have the best attitude, it is still a trial but it is bearable, therefore it becomes a blessing. Let's try to hang our troubles "trials" if you will outside and make the best of each situation. I feel very strongly about my family, and as long as I have trials it'll be okay because I've still got what's most dearest to my heart. My family! What a blessed life we all live. I try to remember my Savior in all things, but find myself leaning to him when I'm in trouble. I hope that I can hang my trials on my Savior and have the FAITH that he will help me if only I'll ask.
2 comments:
what an amazing story. thanks for sharing it!!!
And don't forget that even when you have troubles, you also have extended family and SO many friends who love you and will be there for you. We are not all as wonderful as you are, so we don't always know what to do for you. But if you'll just ask, we'll do anything!
I love you, Sister!
Post a Comment