Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Emptiness

Have you ever had something go on in one day that shocked you and you immediately felt your heart drop into the deepness of your gut? Have you ever had it happen to you twice in one day? I can't say that I've ever experienced that..not the twice part. On Friday past, like I'd mentioned before Maki got laid off with no warning. It was a shock to us, but we had felt like it could be a possibility...because of this lovely economy that we are experiencing. Well on to my reason for blogging. So Friday I just felt that shock feeling, and throughout the day I just kept wondering how in the heck we were going to survive? We've been in survivor mode now for about a year. When will it change? So Friday evening comes, I've tucked all of the kiddos into bed, Mak had gone to Kava with his "Village" and here I was all by my lonesome. I plunked down on our couch and sighed a huge exhale and pulled my phone out to watch a show and quickly noticed that my wedding ring was not on my finger. Now, let me tell you I NEVER take off my ring, even when I was HUGE preggo I had the jeweler cut it off, I love my ring and would not want anything to happen to it. Not because of the cost, but because of the sentiment that it is to me. My love gave that to me and it is the only thing that I've recv'd from him that means the world to me...except our kiddos of course. So back to my story, I went on a hunt for my ring. Well needless to say here we are Tuesday, and still no ring. So here I am with this emptiness. No pity party left, just saddened by the loss of my ring. I'm wearing a cheap $8.88 ring from our local walmart that I bought. Mak said "Babe, it's okay when we have money I'll get you a new one, it's not like your single, or are you?." He asked. Yeah, in 50 years from now is what I wanted to say! So as they say "As the world turns, these are the days of our lives." Hopefully, it won't continue with anymore drama and life will continue onward upward round and round!

So I do have to say the Lord continues to bless us each and everyday. He hears and answers our prayers. Maki has 5 sidejobs approved today! Hip Hip Hooray!

We recognize the Lord in all things! He is GREAT!

No comments: