Friday, August 22, 2008

Daddy's hands






DADDY'S HANDS

I remember Daddy's hands folded silently in prayer,

And reaching out to hold me when I had a nightmare.

You could read quite a story in the callouses and lines.

Years of work and worry had left their mark behind.

I remember Daddy's hands, How they held my Mama tight,

And patted my back for something I'd done right.

There are things I've forgotten that I loved about that man,

But I'll always remember the love in Daddy's hands.

Daddy's hands, were soft and kind when I was crying.

Daddy's hands, were hard as steel when I'd done wrong.

Daddy's hands weren't always gentle,

But I've come to understand,

There was always love in Daddy's hands.

I remember Daddy's hands working till they bled,

Sacrificed unselfishly just to keep us all fed.

If I could do things over, I'd live my life again,

And never take for granted the love in Daddy's hands.

Song by Holly Dunn





No comments: